7 Day On/Off Control Timer

talldude42

Hi everyone. i am needing to add a 7-day on/off control using a c-more ea9 hmi and the productivity 3000 controller. Need to be able to set an on time for each individual day and an off time from the HMI.

Ex. Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
On-4:00am Off-10pm On- 6:00am Off-10pm

Saturday Sunday
On-4:00am Off-11:00am Off- all day

I know there are system bit tags for calling hours and setting hours on the controller but Im not sure how to set up calling out each individual day. Does the clock need to be set using 24hr time or can I use 12hr? It corresponds with the CPU clock correct?

According to the Automation Direct forum, they show the following line to start DST.

Use this instruction to see if Clock Day Of Week -|=|- 7

Capture.JPG

Hi Talldude42,
Here are a couple of posts on the Clock functions of the C-More EA9.
https://accautomation.ca/c-more-ea9-hmi-series-panel-object-list-clock/
https://accautomation.ca/c-more-ea9-hmi-series-panel-to-plc-and-plc-to-panel-settings/

The C-More can be set up to use its internal real-time clock or an external real-time clock like the one in the PLC. I would suggest using the one in the PLC and updating the C-More with the tags for display.

All of the Productivity clock bits can be found in the help file. Search for clock and select system tags. This will give you a description of the tags that Aabeck mentioned above.

I hope this helps you out.
Regards,

According to the Automation Direct forum, they show the following line to start DST.

Use this instruction to see if Clock Day Of Week -|=|- 7

Thanks for the reply. I didnt see this example on their forum page. Although the more I look at it the less it make sense to me...

The month doesnt matter to me for this application.
I need to use a number to designate what day of week it is correct?
Not sure what its tryinig to do at the end of the logic.

Hi Talldude42,
Here are a couple of posts on the Clock functions of the C-More EA9.
https://accautomation.ca/c-more-ea9-hmi-series-panel-object-list-clock/
https://accautomation.ca/c-more-ea9-hmi-series-panel-to-plc-and-plc-to-panel-settings/

The C-More can be set up to use its internal real-time clock or an external real-time clock like the one in the PLC. I would suggest using the one in the PLC and updating the C-More with the tags for display.

All of the Productivity clock bits can be found in the help file. Search for clock and select system tags. This will give you a description of the tags that Aabeck mentioned above.

I hope this helps you out.
Regards,

Thanks I will check this out as well!

Thanks for the reply. I didnt see this example on their forum page. Although the more I look at it the less it make sense to me...

The month doesnt matter to me for this application.
I need to use a number to designate what day of week it is correct?
Not sure what its tryinig to do at the end of the logic.

Use the compare contact.
Clock day of Week >= 1 and Clock day of Week <= 5 then Weekday
Clock day of Week > 5 then Weekend

Regards,
Garry

What they were doing at the end of the example was Set a DST bit, then add one hour to the hour.

Just compare Clock Day Of Week

1 = Monday
2 = Tuesday
3 = Wed....
7 = Sunday [Which is sort of odd, as most platforms I am used to Sunday = 0]

Here are some samples of how I have it set up. My question now is, how will the controller know the difference between am and pm? Or will i need to input time on a 24hr clock instead of using 12hr? Do i need to change the setting on the controller clock itself aswell?

Capture2.JPG Capture1.JPG Capture3.JPG

The PLC clock is 24 hour format

If 0 to 11 then AM, 12 to 23 PM

If 0 add 12 for 12 AM

If 13 to 23 subtract 12 for PM hours to display

What they were doing at the end of the example was Set a DST bit, then add one hour to the hour.

Just compare Clock Day Of Week

1 = Monday
2 = Tuesday
3 = Wed....
7 = Sunday [Which is sort of odd, as most platforms I am used to Sunday = 0]

It irritates the hell out of me that they number their bits 1-16. Bit numbers start at zero, period, end of story. They're doing it wrong.

It irritates the hell out of me that they number their bits 1-16. Bit numbers start at zero, period, end of story. They're doing it wrong.

One ting they are doing right is pricing their software to $0.00

If a PLC maker wants to sell their PLC's more make the software available free or cheap, not another $6,500 for the full edition after buying the rack, CPU, power supply & IO.

One ting they are doing right is pricing their software to $0.00

If a PLC maker wants to sell their PLC's more make the software available free or cheap, not another $6,500 for the full edition after buying the rack, CPU, power supply & IO.

They have a lot of things right. The analog modules with mA right on the front of them are so cool.