Studio 5000 wall clock hours off

seth9976

I am using v31 of studio5000 i created a UDT for years months days hours minutes seconds and micro seconds all DINTS like i always do to pull in the time for the wall clock. The hours read 12 when it is actually 8 when i try to use the hours, time but on the actual clock it reads 8 am which is the correct time. Anyone else having this issue?

Use LocalDateTime attribute not DateTime. LocaDateTime is adjusted for your time zone and daylight savings where DateTime is based on UTC. Of course assuming those have all been set.

OG

I have the exact same problem and while I could never find a solution, I put in a workaround:

I subtract 4 from the Hour value this time of the year, and subtract 5 hours during daylight savings time.

For hours <4 or <5, I just hard coded what the Hour time should be to avoid negative numbers from the subtraction.

This was a couple years ago and I have never needed to micromanage it.

Operaghost: Thanks for your actual solution !

Last edited:
(y)

Just FYI, that LocalDateTime attribute was added in version 15. Prior to that the DateTime attribute was your local date and time. There wasn't a local time and UTC. Messed us all up when they did that. They give a warning when converting a pre v15 project to a newer version, but it is easy to overlook or forget about that change.

OG

Last edited:
Operaghost said:
...that LocalDateTime attribute was added in version 15...

Hi OG...that's actually version 16...

ID: QA3213 | Access Levels: TechConnect
New ControlLogix Time Settings with v16 and up

Regards,
George