Siemens S7 -> Copy RAM to ROM ?

doowahdiddy

Hello,
I use a CPU 316-2DP. Now after additional programming the memory of the CPU gets too small.
There are only Flash Memory Cards available to raise the memory of the CPU, no RAM MC´s.
Now, I should copy the complete programm on the Flash-MC, but can I do this with the PLC option "Copy from RAM to ROM" ?
I can not load the complete programm into the CPU, because the memory is too small.
So, for example, can i copy the datablocks on the CPU, then Copy from RAM to ROM, delete the datablocks on the CPU and copy the functionblocks, then Copy from RAM to ROM etc...
Or do i have to do it offline with the PC. I excpect i need a special adapter to do this :-(

Thanks a lot

doowah

Similar Topics

I normally use variable tables to generate parameters that I need to adjust and trim during commissioning. The final figure is then store in the...
Replies
Views
This feels like a simple, elementary question, but I am a Siemens novice and know there are experts here. My S7-1500 project (TIA Portal v17) has...
Replies
Views
Gents, I have a DB, that is an array of a UDT. This UDT has got a combination of INT's and REAL's. When an action is completed, I want to move...
Replies
Views
How do I move one byte of data in an array to a UDT that is one byte in length. AB would be a slam dunk on this with a simple Copy instruction...
Replies
Views
I am tying to find a way to copy 10 words from my input area into a structure I have mapped out for my device. What is the best/simplest way to...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom