PLC5 time/clock

lalion

can anyone tell me if an allen bradley PLC5 (i think its a '/40') has a clock, and/or if it has a function to access the minute and hour. or whether a module/card needs to be added for this. I basicaly only need to turn an output to a siren for a few seconds to signal luch break etc in a factory.

The documentation seems to indicate that a PLC5/80w processor is required, but its a bit sketchy on details. so if anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

Yes, the PLC5/40 does have a clock/calendar built in. No additional modules are required. Your ladder logic has access to the clock/calendar words in the PLC's status file as follows:

month: S:20
day: S:19
year: S:18

hour: S:21
minute: S:22
second: S:23

Yes the Allen-Bradley PLC-5 family does have the time and date in the (S:)Status file. The hour, min, sec are S:21, S:22, S:23 and can be accessed for use in a program.

Roger

MMW, you beat me to the punch.

Last edited: