MEDOC For Mitsubishi

Need MEDOC Manual for Version 2.30

I have the MELSAC MEDOC program version 2.30, I just need a manual.
Thanks for any help.

I've looked at the site mentioned above, couldn't find the manual. If any has a link to a manual it would be very much appreciated. I am doing a job with medoc, and while I am blundering throught, a manual will help greatly.

Any links to a manual would be great, don't worry so much about links to pages where it isn't.

By the way, this is alink to a Medoc Plus manual: www.control.isy.liu.se/student/laboteket/ legolab/reference.pdf

Last edited:
Paul

Curiously, Mitsubishi appear to have manuals available online for everything but medoc.

However, Medoc is fairly easy to use and the in-built(F1) help file isn't too bad if you learn to navigate through it. Unlike their windows software (GX Developer) it doesn't suffer too much from Jenglish.

Take the time to learn the hot keys and function keys and from there you should be able to master it.

If you get stuck on anything in particular, let me know and I'll help you if I can.

Regards

Anthony

Thanks everyone. The revision notes were interesting. One problem I am having is how to delete a contact and a vertical link from a network. I can select a whole network to delete but have not yet worked out how to delete part of the network. I am using a dos version of medoc.

A very short guide to Medoc

Start Medoc
Hit 0. This takes you to Project-Open in the current directory. Open the file you wish to edit
Hit 2. This will take you to the ladder screen
Hit F2. This will take you to edit mode where (amongst other things) you can delete networks, mark ranges, copy and paste etc.
Navigate to the network you wish to edit
Hit F7. This will begin rung editing for the selected network.
Make your edits... Space will overwrite any parts you wish to delete... Follow the numbers indicated at the bottom for inserting desired instructions. (You can split or add networks if required)
when you've finished editing hit F7 again. This will convert the ladder and return you to edit mode.
Hit F2 to return to the menus.
Hit T Y to test the program
Hit S to save the program
Hit 5. This will take you to the transfer menu for downloading.
When you've done with Medoc; Hit 9 and Medoc will unload.

I Hope this helps

Anthony

Thanks a lot Anthony, your info is very handy. (Why didn't I think of spacebar to delete?).

I have a program that I have edited, it is working fine, but when viewed in the ladder editor it has a break in the vertical rail on the left hand side of the screen. The program is actually scanning past the break but I was wondering what it indicated.

From memory i think the break just indicates that you have a comment for the rung after it. Try to remove the comment and the supply rail should be connected again.

This is just a cosmetic effect, as you've seen, the program behaves exactly the same.

Did you find the manual for MEDOC 2.3?
I had to figure it out how to use it, I completed the program modifications I had to do. Now I have to donwload the program to the PLC, I would like to be sure how to transfer the program from my laptop to the PLC.

Please let me know.

Regards, Julian.

Paul,
If the break is preceded by an MC (Master Control) instruction it indicates that all the following ladder is encapsulated by the MC instruction until an MCR instruction is encountered.
Otherwise, it may well be a comment as Xion thinks.

Anthony

Julian,

I assume that you have the correct connection cable? (probably SC09).
A lot of Mitsubishi PLC's have a Run/Stop switch (or input terminal). You can't transfer programs if the PLC is in run mode!
Check your COM port settings. The defaults for Medoc are:
Baud rate: 9600
Data bits: 7
Parity: Even
Stop bits: 1
Flow control: None

Anthony

Thanks Anthony!
Yes I do have the SC09 cable, I just wanted to be sure there was not an important detail to be awared of in the moment of downloading the modified program to this PLC.
Actually the original company who programmed this PLC to our customer sent us the file with the program and I worked on it to make the modifications but I am not completely sure that it is the real program that is right now loaded in that PLC (you know, someone may have modified it in the customer site). I was thinking about using a "verify" function I saw in the menu just to check to see if the program in the PLC is exactly the same as that I received from the original programmers.
I also received a password in the documents they sent me, can you tell me how to use it?
Is there any procedure to get my laptop online with the PLC? Can you tell me from the TRANSFER menu where to go? I guess the option I should use is PLC --> PLC>Medoc (to make a backup copy of the existent program in the PLC), then PLC --> Medoc>PLC (to write the new program from the laptop to the PLC).
Do I have to do this procedure for both program and comments?
If your remember another important issue to have in consideration in this procedure please let me know. I have to go to the customer site tomorrow Dec 02.

Best regards, Julian.