Tag Addressing with ABB COMLI and Red Lion G310

rberghammer

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to make a Red Lion G310 HMI communicate with an ABB AC800M PLC. This is my first time dealing with an ABB processor, so I am having some troubles.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience setting up tags in an ABB PLC to communicate over a COMLI driver. From what I can gather in the help files, I believe I need to assign each tag a data register in the "Access Variables" table. Example: "%MX8#100" would be bit 100 (octal). But I don't know if I can just start assigning these registers wherever I want, or if I have to follow some rules.

Any information or alternative ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Looking for answers

Hello!

Did you find a solution to your problem?
Im struggeling with the same when im using a Beijer HMI to my AC800M. What addresses does the I/O's have when using COMLI standard.??

Hope someone has got an answer quickly :)