Fanuc Arc Mate Sr Robot Pc

quadroo

Hello
I have Fanuc Arc Mate Sr Robot and want to send and receive data to a Pc.
There is a serial port and I have connect it with my Pc. The Problem is that I cant find an icon or button where im able to send/receive data?
Is it possible, who can i do this?

First I just want to save my Programm on a Computer. Than I can edit it and send it back to the robot.

OK thanks...
But I have to do something with the Robot Controller. There have to be a function were I can send or receive Programs/Data.

Last edited:
Ok, so you think that I have to download these Software ( WinTPe / WinOLPC+) and than can communicate with the robot?

If you want to do offline programming. Data collection, as in collecting process data while the robot program is running, would be completely different topic and I think thats where the Karel programming comes in. (I almost always transfer data to a PLC and that is also a different topic).

Creating robot programs can be done online (with the teach pendant) or offline (using Fanuc's s/w on a PC).

The robot's serial port could be used in a very basic fashion where the robot program just periodically sends out process information (such as the value of an analog input) and a PC collects it.

I've yet to design a robot cell without having a cell PLC that acts as a master and the robot acts as a slave. The PLC is connected to the robot using a fieldbus connection (profibus, profinet, device-net, ethernet/ip, or ethernet-global-data) and any process information was given to the PLC via the fieldbus connection because its often easier to get information out of a PLC (when connected to a PC).

So, if you don't have that architecture, I would imagine sending process information out the Robot's serial port is a method that could be used. However, I don't know of a way to program that in the robot without having the Karel programming option.

So, do you know what options your robot has and what the cell architecture is that it will be operating in? Host PLC? Or standalone?

I dont know...
I connect the Robot to the Pc witch a serial Port. :unsure:
For whats is the WinTPe Sftware?

Last edited: