Omron CP1E Pulse Generation Problem

ka_ridwan

I have a new OMRON PLC CP1E-N400DT-D, the problem is I can't generate pulse output with command SPED/PLS2, every step base on Omron instruction manual I already followed but it didn't work ;)
The PLC worked just fine if the I/O used for other purpose.
Can somebody help me how to fix this problem?

PLS2 and SPED instructions aren't a valid combination. Use PULS and SPED or PLS2 on its own (better)

The instruction help defines exactly the instruction's arguments.

Also, confirm the Limit Switch polarity (NO or NC) which is in the 'Settings' dialog. It defaults NC, so if you haven't got the switches connected it won't move.
Each pulse output has an error flag and error code (A444 for pulse 0 from memory...). Check what this says.

Post your program if you want.
Pp

Paraffin thank's for you reply.
I just want to generate pulse from the PLC without any motor or servo controller connected. Attached ladder and setting memory that I taken from application sample CP1E manual.
Is there any other required items?

Pulse Ladder.jpg Memory Data.jpg

Hi
Your ladder is ok and the D memory is valid. If you show the parameters in the proper format, it's easier to read (UINT, UINT, DINT, DINT)

As I mentioned previously, confirm the 'limit' polarity in the Settings dialog. It defaults to normally closed. Change this to Normally open if you haven't wired them.
Pp

The DR-A (and DR-D) have relay contact outputs. They cannot generate pulse outputs. High frequency cycling of the output relays would quickly destroy them.

I think it would be more correct to say that the the Omron models with an "E" at the underlined position in the model number (OMRON CP1E-N40DR-A) have the capability of generating pulse outputs, but that does not mean you should use it for that purpose.

The CP1E (a handicapped CP1L) can do pulse outputs with DC (transistor) outputs, but none of them can do pulse outputs with relay contacts. It's the DR-A in his part number that indicates it is a relay output PLC.

Sorry, you are correct. It is the N in the model number (not the E) that allows the PLC to do Pulse Outputs on transisitor type PLCs, according to the manual on page 12-1.

Omron N PLC Pulse Output.jpg

Last edited:
Would like to raise up some question here.
If I using the combination of @PULS and @SPED to generate pulse, is there any address or any way to monitor the status of pulse generating until the next process can be taken? Thanks you.

hello guys i got a new OMRON PLC CP1E-N400DT-D i want to control stepper motor with it but i have no clue so please if could some on post a ladder program for that
thanks

1.) Please start new thread

2.) Post you electrical drawing PLC -> STEPPER DRIVE -> STEPPER MOTOR.

3.) Please describe your application or process you want to apply.

4.) your user manual for CP1E.

Pulse train output cp1e for stepper vexta

Hi, i already make a program CP1E with pulse train ouput (PLS2) to control stepper vexta. Can i use work online simulator in cx-programmer to see pulse in memori A276,A277,A278,A279? because the cp1e that I ordered hasn't arrived yet

Thanks & regards

No YOU CANNOT!
Just like most PLC's when in simulation mode, high speed interrupts, high speed pulse inputs/outputs are hardware related instructions and require the physical PLC.