Two duplicate Wientek hmi's on Omron PLC.

WMBarrTech

My company has just purchased a new machine that already has an Omron SYSMAC CP1H PLC and Weintek MT8073iE HMI complete with programs installed. My boss wants me to install a duplicate HMI on the operator side of the machine. Is it possible to upload the current program and then just download to a second HMI, of the same make and model? Or, would there be conflicts? I can't seem to find any knowledge bases covering this type of thing. I have seen this done with PanelView HMI's but haven't, actually, done it myself. Any help is, greatly, appreciated.

How is the HMI connected to the CP1H? If it is an Ethernet connection through a switch you should not have any problem as long as the two HMI's do not have the same IP address.
Maple Systems has some useful information on their website which will also apply to Weintek.

The HMI's will not be used simultaneously so I wonder if I could use an RS232 splitter or something to just connect both HMI's to the com port on the PLC.

Last edited:
Use the Master/Slave option. Master talks to PLC. Slave talks to Master.
See Chapter 28 of the Users Manual.
Clone software on both HMIs. The only difference will be the communications setup of each HMI. Make sure all buttons are momentary so they won't clash with each other.
I've done this dozens of times. Ethernet, RS232 / 485, or a mix. All work fine.

Add a note somewhere on the screen so you won't get confused later, I put Master or Slave somewhere on setup screen.

Link

Last edited:
Use the Master/Slave option. Master talks to PLC. Slave talks to Master.
See Chapter 28 of the Users Manual.
Clone software on both HMIs. The only difference will be the communications setup of each HMI. Make sure all buttons are momentary so they won't clash with each other.
I've done this dozens of times. Ethernet, RS232 / 485, or a mix. All work fine.

Add a note somewhere on the screen so you won't get confused later, I put Master or Slave somewhere on setup screen.

Link

Nice solution KeithKyll!!

I believe there is also a pass through option that would allow you to connect another HMI to the first. I have not used it but have read about it with the Weintek.