plc 5 search results

James Mcquade

hi all,

the company i work for uses vm ststions for their plc programming stuff. mt laptop is windows 7, 64 bit, 8gb ram.
vm machine is xp pro sp3. the plc software is ab ver 5.50.
we are looking into doing an upgrade byt there are about 50 pc's / laptops to upgrade as required and then update the software.

in the plc5 software, i do a search all for f8:9 for example.
it goes through the search routine, but fails to show the results window as i would normally expect. if i do a find next, the rungs show up as expected.

any idea on why the search results do not show up / how to fix?

thanks in advance,
james

Someone dragged it off the screen? Try holding down the ctrl and shift keys as RSlogic 500 is launching. This resets the viewing properties of the RSLogix.

As Mickey stated, it has been dragged off the "viewable" window space, or it has been shrunk to the point where it is no longer visible.

Mickey's solution will fix that problem but it also resets any settings in the software that have been customized. Probably not a big deal, but if the software has been setup with certain options turned on or off, those will be reset back to what they were when the software was first installed.

Another fix would be to do the following:
Click View and if "Results" does not have a check next to it then click on it. The check means it is being displayed, not checked and it is not displayed.

Then grab the gray split bar at the bottom of the screen and stretch it up to reveal more of the Results window.

OG

RSL5.JPG

I remember first learning RSLogix5, it took me fOUR FREAKING EVer to figure out how to undock the d#mned thing from the edges of the screen...double click the border...I think there is a default function key to show results (bring to focus?) and then perhaps use the keyboard keys to move it into view, in case it was last used with a dual monitor set up and you don't want to reset the whole workspace.