Alarm/Fault PLC Setup For HMI

dylantzips

Let me start off by saying that I am a CO-OP student and I am very new to PLC's.

For my current project I am trying to figure out how to set up Alarms on an HMI. This is the program that was handed off to me: http://prntscr.com/jrpt90.

I have already made a DINT array to have enough values for all of the fault codes. I understand how to link tags from the PLC to the HMI. However, I am not sure how to make the PLC show which fault code is being tripped and then output that code to the HMI.

This is what I have so far and it could be completely wrong: http://prntscr.com/jrpuyd. Would this work?

Sorry if some of my wording does not make sense, I am still learning a lot about PLC's and logic. If what I am doing is wrong, could anyone help steer me in the right direction?

Thanks.

It appears you are using 5000 so my answer will also be an assumption of that

Write you alarms in the HMI and then assign the tags from you PLC to each alarm.

Make the Alarm screen priority and anytime an alarm comes in from the PLC it will trigger the alarm screen

Sorry, But I have no experience with that software. So I can not help. Hopefully now that the forum knows you will get your answers. Good Luck with your project.

You have made them in the PLC already. The coil at the end of your rungs are the triggers for each alarm. You have to now setup your HMI to display a specific message for each trigger.

I don't have any experience with the Eaton software either. In the Rockwell HMI software, there is an alarm setup tool that allows you to select bit addresses on your PLC to be alarm triggers. Once you have selected all of your output bits being set by your DINT value, you then create all the alarm messages and assign each output address to one of these messages. Once the HMI software is running, it will monitor the addresses you have selected as alarm triggers and will display whichever message you created and linked to that particular address if it energizes in the PLC.

Eaton software should do something similar, you just need to figure out where the tools are.