TIA Portal v14 Dynamic Text List

Bobogrammer

Good morning everyone,

I haven't had a lot of experience with dynamic text lists so I'm having trouble getting it to work the way I'd like.

TIA Portal and Win CC Comfort v14 SP1 Update 6
CPU 315-2 PN/DP
MP 277 10" Touch

I've got 2 robot welders wit 30 positions each, and instead of 60 screens I'd like to set each robot up with a single screen using a drop down menu to select the desired welding location, and when selected will change the I/O fields on the screen to display the current values for that location and allow for change.(Fig.1)

Welding Parameters for Position has a static list attached to an internal tag:Welding List Dynamo, which in turn I should be able to use WLD to shift text lists set up with tags for the I/O fields(Fig.2). But if I use a Symbolic I/O field its a drop down menu if in/out, and if set just to out its not drop down but I don't think I can input changes then.

I really don't want to have to clutter my HMI up with 60 screens but I might have to if I can't get this sorted out. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you,
Bobo

Hi I am rusty on this but you can set your drop down list to select your station, 1 to 60, using a text list to drive the value 1 to 60 into a tag, lets called it station

Then for your displays/data entry boxes you an assign linked to a DB that is dynamic

Say you have 60 DBs, 1 per weldstation, called DB100-DB160

When station =1, you would add 99 to that tag lets call it station_pointer (1+99=100 to select DB100)

Then in the HMI you would have a tag linked to DB[StationPointer].Whatever data.

I cannot even remember the exact syntax but the above method worked fine for me when I was doing a 100 recipe system

cjd I think you're not quite getting my question.

"Welding Parameters for Position has a static list attached to an internal tag:Welding List Dynamo" That is my text list and tag, my Welding List Dynamo is Station.

Instead of using 60DBs I have a DB with Arrays of Int and Time, [0..99]. The number in the WLD matches the Array number (Stake Weld 11 puts a 12 in the WLD, all arrays[12] are for Stake Weld 11)

I think I figured how to make Symbolic I/O in and out for a value by changing the characteristics, but I'm stuck on how to make a button or switch dynamic. Each welding position has the option of completing based on time or depth. I'd like to have a toggle button or a switch to set it, but I'm lost on as to how. I can change it to an Byte compare(if 1 complete on Time, if 0 Complete on Depth) but it doesn't feel right.

I appreciate the effort cjd, but I think there's some STL involved in your idea, and I'm pretty new to LAD so STL is a bit above me still.

Thanks,
Bobo