scanner message help

mad@imap

Hello All,
I have a project where I’m trying to take up to six Accusort scanners (threw an Ethernet switch) Ethernet to a compact Logix L23E I’m using on demand messaging. I have the scanner set up and I get the bar code data in my tag “Scanner_1” My question is how can I compare all of my bar codes then if they all match send out the bar code threw the serial port.
I also know that I will have to strip off some of the data because the sequence number and a few other data points will not be equal.
I’m sure I’m not giving enough information here so hit me up with your questions

Hello All,
I have a project where I’m trying to take up to six Accusort scanners (threw an Ethernet switch) Ethernet to a compact Logix L23E I’m using on demand messaging. I have the scanner set up and I get the bar code data in my tag “Scanner_1” My question is how can I compare all of my bar codes then if they all match send out the bar code threw the serial port.
I also know that I will have to strip off some of the data because the sequence number and a few other data points will not be equal.
I’m sure I’m not giving enough information here so hit me up with your questions

If you have the bar code data in one tag, Scanner_1, and you know the format .. I'm guessing 12 - 15 characters per bar code plus a sequence number .. you copy each bar code to a separate tag. For example, bar code 1 is characters 1 - 12, copied to Barcode_1. Characters 16 - 28, copied to Barcode_2. You can use a FIND instruction to see if BARCODE_1 matches the rest (find 1 in 2, 1 in 3, 1 in 5, 1 in 5, 1 in 6) If it is not found (result = 0), stop comparing since it failed and you send no message. You will need to check if there is a bar code in each tag, since you said 'up to ' 6 scanners.

Sending it out the serial port is another message instruction, which I'm sure you know how to do.