FactoryTalk View/Transfer Utility and Select Destination Terminal-Cannot see PV6 700

Cydog

Good Afternoon ,

I created a small FactoryTalk View application , and created a runtime. I want to download it to a Panelview Plus 6 700 , using Transfer Utility, but in
" Select Destination Terminal " I do not see the Panelview Plus HMI that I'm trying to download to .

I pinged the Panelview Plus HMI , 142.218.138.203 , numerous times and it was sucessful everytime .

RS Linx Enterprise should just go out and search it , correct ?

Have any of you ran into this before ?

Thanks so much ,

Hi, I've had to add the panelview by browsing in the ethernet devices in communications setup and find the right panelview by serial number and type/part number, etc and then add it in under the plc along with it's IP address. This has happened to me a couple of times. Hope this helps.

Are you running your software in a VM? If so and you are using NAT on your network adapter, you may not be able to scan the network and find the device. Try using bridged on your network adapter or add the device manually as stated by others.

Yes, RSLinx Enterprise should browse and find the PV+ and make it available as a target in the download utility.

The most common problem is that RSLinx Enterprise is configured to use the wrong network adapter, or that a firewall or VPN is blocking broadcast packets from being sent (the the replies from being received) correctly.

Another problem can be if the terminal's Ethernet driver has been deleted; PING will still work, but if the Ethernet driver on the terminal is not running, then the terminal won't show up in an RSLinx Classic or RSLinx Enterprise browse. The usual fix is to do a "restore to defaults" via the configuration menu.

Your last resort (which isn't too bad) is to create the proper directories on a removable media device (USB or SD/CF depending on your PV+ hardware) and move the Runtime file to the terminal that way.