FactoryTalk View Studio - Change Display Number with Parameter?

jrsnydley

I am replacing a PanelView Standard with a PanelView Plus 7. The application is used for our production lines to order supplies from our warehouse. Since the order screen for each line is the same, I would like to use a faceplate with parameter files to determine which line's data to display.

I have that part working fine but there is a button used to clear the existing orders after they have been delivered. In the PanelBuilder application, there is one button that clears the orders for each line based on the current display number. For example, Line 1 orders are viewed by navigating to display number 1. When the clear button is pressed, the logic knows to clear line 1 orders because of the current display number written to the PLC.

Is there a way that I could still use a single clear button and clear each line's orders separately without creating a separate display for each line? Or would I have to add additional logic in the PLC and give each line its own clear button?

You say in the old application, the logic cleared line 1 because you are on line 1, that implies there is already logic for each line in the PLC. I would create new tags for each reset, and then make that part of your parameter list. Only one display needed.