compactlogix 5830 to Panelview

Snyder

I have a compactlogix configured in dual IP. Port A1 is set to 192.168. 0.1 and communicating with my servo system. Port A2 is set to 172.16.151.1 an is communicating through a stradix 2000 to a panelview 7 set at 172.16.151.10. I can with the communication set up through factoryTalk I can test my run time application and it works fine , but when I transfer my runtime to the panelview it does not communicate all I get is ????????.

Welcome to the PLCTalk Forum community !

You're describing a common problem with a simple solution. The "Runtime" shortcut in FactoryTalk Linx is not set up to point to the ControlLogix shortcut.

The "Development" shortcut definition is probably OK, which is why you can test it on your workstation computer.

I don't have FTView Studio for ME handy right this minute, but there should be a button with a label like "Copy Development Configuration to Runtime", which just copies the network schema to the Runtime tab.

Make that change, create a new *.MER runtime, and run it on your PV+. Make sure you apply the network configuration when the Runtime starts; I think that's a radio button or checkbox in the Download utility.

Can you ping your PV terminal from your pc.
Have you enable runtime option on FTview me ??
Please take into account that your PC, PV terminal and PLC port A2 should be located on the same subnet.