Rockwell Softwares

shazad5444

Lifetime Supporting Member
Dear Friends,

After a long break I came back to work on Rockwell softwares, I have previous work experiance RSLogix 5000 Rev 20.4.
Now my company has installed Studio 5000, i need your expertiese regarding below my questions.

1. I have RS Logix 500 Version 12.00.00, what emulator I need for this application?

2. Do I need separate programe for Studio 5000 and RS Logix 5000, as per my previous experiance these was difference in between these programes? Which simulator I need for these software, I think right now I have Studio 32. FTV installed as well, hope these emulators will support FTView applications.

Looking forward to hear your expert advise.

RSLogix 5000 and Studio 5000 are the same thing. When Rockwell released version 24 the name changed to Studio 5000. RSLogix 5000 and Studio 5000 require the software to be installed for each firmware revision level.

If you open a program that was created for v24 and above Studio 5000 will open. If you open a program that was created for v23 and below then RSLogix 5000 will open but the splash screen will still say Studio.

What about if I'm working a program which is created in V17, what about its downloading back to controller, will it change it's rev?

What about if I'm working a program which is created in V17, what about its downloading back to controller, will it change it's rev?

Not positive what your asking but I think your asking if you download a program to the CPU will it change the firmware? if yes then the answer is no but your program will need to match the firmware in the PLC

So if you write a program in v17 you will need to flash the PLC to V17.... that said a lot of the newer PLC's will not take old firmware so make sure they are compatible before you go too far

No. If you open a revision 17 program and then download it back to the controller it will still be revision 17; unless you update the revision level.

To clarify.....

Your computer can have RSLogix 5000 (up through version 20) and Studio 5000 (versions 21 and newer) both installed on the PC at the same time. You can also install multiple versions of each. For example, with RSLogix you could have versions 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, and 20 all installed. For Studio 5000, maybe you just need version 21 and 28. You can pick which versions you wish to install.

You must have the version to match your controller. If you have a controller with firmware version 17.xx then you must have RSLogix version 17 as well.

The software will automatically switch to the correct version when you open a file or go online with a controller.

Oh, and Studio 5000 was introduced with version 21, not 24.

OG

To clarify.....

Your computer can have RSLogix 5000 (up through version 20) and Studio 5000 (versions 21 and newer) both installed on the PC at the same time. You can also install multiple versions of each. For example, with RSLogix you could have versions 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, and 20 all installed. For Studio 5000, maybe you just need version 21 and 28. You can pick which versions you wish to install.

You must have the version to match your controller. If you have a controller with firmware version 17.xx then you must have RSLogix version 17 as well.

The software will automatically switch to the correct version when you open a file or go online with a controller.

Oh, and Studio 5000 was introduced with version 21, not 24.

OG

Yes you are correct. I misspoke when I said version 24. It was version 21 and above and yes you are correct. I had version 10 all the way up to version 20 installed on a PC at a former employer. We don't use anything that old at my current employer. We are version 24-32 here. And every firmware level is another installation of the software.