Mitsi Q03UDE - Share Data over Ethernet

pman1981

Hi, I have two systems each consisting of a Q03UDE connected to a Beijer E1070 all over Ethernet... I would like to share some REAL's over the ethernet between the two PLC's, but this seems akin to splitting the atom!

Surely this can be done quite easily?.....

Does anyone have any advice?

I haven't gotten to play with any of the CPUs that have built in Ethernet but as I recall from the manual the built in Ethernet does not have near the functionality as a separate Ethernet module.

You'll want a copy of SH(NA)-080811ENG "Communication via Built-in Ethernet Port" for the Q-series CPU. Section 3.4 has information on socket communication which might be your best bet.

Good Luck.

I haven't gotten to play with any of the CPUs that have built in Ethernet but as I recall from the manual the built in Ethernet does not have near the functionality as a separate Ethernet module.

You'll want a copy of SH(NA)-080811ENG "Communication via Built-in Ethernet Port" for the Q-series CPU. Section 3.4 has information on socket communication which might be your best bet.

Good Luck.

Thanks for the reply, I managed in the end by creating my own function block to open the comms and then transfer the data. Seems to work well actually! :)

Pman1981,

I am not certain what you mean by REALs, but, one thing you can look at is an OPC server in which the server would act as a bridge. We offer Kepware's OPC server as a possible option if I am to understand your requirement.

You would use the server, configured with the Mitsubishi driver suite as a miniumum.

Depending on what REALs is, will determine if you will require any additional products called plug-ins or drivers.

You can view information on KepserverEX through our web site.

http://www.eternity-sales.com/Kepware/Kepware.htm
http://www.eternity-sales.com/Kepware/kepserverex.htm

Manuals for the products and drivers can be downloaded directly from the product page or from our download section:

http://www.eternity-sales.com/Kepware/kepwaredownloads.htm

Hope this helps. I look foward to hearing more about what you are looking to do. If you have any questions, feel free to email me through the link in my signature.

Disclosure - ESI is a Kepware Distributor.

Thanks for the reply, I managed in the end by creating my own function block to open the comms and then transfer the data. Seems to work well actually! :)

hello pman1981, i'm using Q03UDE to deal with Keyence Laser marker that need to send "WX,DistancePointer=1" to enable pointer ON, but i'm not able to even open the socket... :confused:
would you advice me?

thanks a bunch

The E series of Beijer HMI's have a function to transfer data from one PLC to another even if the PLC's are different using data transfer function in peripheral setup as you can even have two different protocols running have you tried that.