Servos and Kinetix 6500

Andres P

Good morning,

I have 4 kinetix 6500 and 4 servos MPM-B1653C-MJ74AA. I have them all on stopped status, and I am using Motion Direct Commands to move them, but i'm having several problems with them.

The MDC that I use when in stopped status are: MSO->Goes to Running Status->MAM->Starts moving with an incredible intense noise (like if its stopped by the breaks at least partially)->MAS->It stops the motion, but the noise stills and even more intense->MSF (the noise dissapears and goes to Stopped)

That is the same for the 4, but each has particular problems:

servo1: This one can move, stop, and change speed(fast and slow), even though the intense noise is there (and varies depending on speed and accel/decel) but with less than 5 min of use, it was super hot and finally an overtemp error appear.

servo2: with the same speed the first one did well, this one does not. with very little speed it can moves a little bit, but eventually an S55 error appears (excessive velocity error)

servo3: when it starts moving, in about 10 seconds maximum, it appears the FLT S13 and FLT S14 (inverter thermal overload factory limit / inverter thermal overload user limit), and also appeared the S55 error

servo4: much like servo3

Any tips would be greatly appreciated

Andres

Hola amigo, muy generico tu informe, haslo mas explicito, tiene carga o no?, como esta la configuracion en el software?, etc

Hi Andres.

Have you performed an Auto-Tune on all the above axis?

Have you parameterized the motion axis correctly? Ie mechanical drive, gearing ratio etc etc?

Are your brakes energizing correctly? Do you have sufficient voltage?, the first system I worked on had the brake wiring wrong and was actually running for 4/5 mins until the motor tripped on thermals.

Last edited: