Siemens Data Structure. Frustrating

bornwild

Hello all,

I am a Rockwell guy and just started with siemens. The data sctructure frustrates me. Especially the swapped bytes. Can someone explain me with respect to Rockwell? In Rockwell, I can make a DINT type tag called MODE and pull it individual bits from it. For example, if there is 4 in my dint tag I will KNOW that Adress MODE.2 is having 1. How do you do in siemens? I have a value like 16#16000 in siemens . What would the individual bit bits be? I can check them inddiuvally. In Rockwell, I could check each bit. Suppose I make a tag a DINT tag in siemens. Can we address each bit like Rockwell? Please let me understands

Two other options would be to create an array of bools, or to create a structure/UDT with named bools.

The nice part about creating the bools as a struct is for situations where you are tracking modes/states/etc, you don't have to keep track of which number means which (oh wait, is "idle" mode.2 or mode.3?). It just becomes "Mode.Idle".

I will grant you that you can also just add it as a comment in the array (then you would be accessing Mode[2]), but most of the time I find creating the UDT more straightforward.