Weight Control using Vibrofeeder

raul_vaze

Dear All ,

I am facing PID control for Discharge through a SILO onto a conveyor that has weight transmitter which gives me T/hr , each SILO has 5 cones and each cones has vibrating feeder to it and vibrating feeder has VFD for controlling the feeders . I am having difficulty controlling the Discharge through vibro feeder using PID control since it takes around 5 to 10 seconds depending on postion of vibrofeeder for the discharge to get reflected on the Belt Conveyor weight system. Any suggestion on how to go ahead with PID control

Proportional control is what it means it's proportional to the error
Most PID applications only use PI but in your case you may need to implement the D component
PI doesn’t have the capability to predict the behaviour of the error. So it reacts normally once the set point is changed. The D component overcomes this problem by anticipating the future of the error. Its output depends on rate of change with respect to time, multiplied by derivative constant it gives a boost to the output thereby increasing system response.
However, having 5 feeds with PID control might be a major drawback as one might fight another, I suggest you need to somehow slug the preceding silo feeds or even make them sort of fixed or limit their output to a fixed proportion of the required flow/weight, then control the final one to make up the required rate. However not knowing the application, whether the feeds are reasonably constant or run out or other factors I think it's a matter of trial and error with different scenarios.

“Weight Control using Vibrofeeder”...

Strapping a vibrator to your fork or spoon so that most of your food falls on the floor?

Sorry, couldn’t resist... :oops: