Introduction to Red Lion G304K model

jkota

Hai,
I am newbie to PLC world. I bought a Red Lion G304K model(only 1serial port). I have installed crimson 3 software. I did not find "HMI driver" in Device Manager.I am trying to connect it to my p.c.(windows 7) through com port using LINK option (in software). It is not success. Any help for connecting PC to PLC is appreciated.

regards,
kota

Make sure you either have our programming cable or you have made your own to the proper pinout. Then you just go to Link > Options and select your comm port. Then go to Link > Send to load the configuration into the display.

Thanks
Jeremy

Thank you Jeremy, I want to explain in detail. When I bought hardware, Device has crimson 2.0 (firmware).I was given crimson 3.0 (software in cd). When i connected the device (through COMM port connector)to pc and try to link it. Device upgraded from crimson 2.0 to 3.0.("downloading... of ... block" appeared on the device during upgradation). From then, device stopped responding.

Is "G304K00U" model compatible with crimson 3.0? Is there any procedure to change firmware from crimson 3.0 to 2.0.

Thanks,
kota