S7 Upload Hardware error - (2000) Error while uploading the configuration...

uptown47

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

I've got a strange problem on one of our old S7-315's.

There are no error LEDs on the PLC and it runs fine. I have a project on our laptop but wanted to check that it has the correct hardware configuration.

I did a 'compare' on the System Data and it came back with 'differences' which were mainly parameters different on various profibus connected inverters.

I therefore wanted to do a full upload before making any changes just in case something went wrong, however, when I created a new project and tried a Upload PC to PG I get the following error:

(2000) Error while uploading the configuration to the programming device (PG). Do you want to continue?

When I click Yes it carries on but then ends up with only a partial hardware configuration (i.e. there are a lot of profi slaves missing).

My laptop is up to date so far as v5.5 SP2 Hotfix 1 and the hardware catalogue is fully up to date with the latest Hardware Support Package.

Anyone any ideas on why I'm getting this error and what I can do about it?

Many thanks for your help

;-)

Hi,
Is it possible that you have drives in the hardware configuration but you don't have the Siemens Drive ES software on your laptop. This will cause problems as you have described in your uploaded configuration.

Donnacha

donnacha, thanks for the tip. Will have a look into that and see if it's the case. There are definitely inverters as profi slaves but I thought they were all Danfoss but I'll investigate it.

Many thanks ;-)

Sorry for the late reply but I've been away all week. The problem was the laptop.

I'd installed SP3 WinCC Flex and then realised that the sneaky ..... at Siemens had rigged it so that it got rid of Protool. So I therefore tried to uninstall it but, as it is Siemens software, it wouldn't let me. It seems (although this could be coincidence) that it had also got rid of my System Restore points.

Anyways... I tried a different laptop and found that it worked fine so I used that.

I'm now performing a 'Siemens Uninstall' (*read - full reformat) of my laptop in order to get everything back to where it should be WITHOUT service pack 3 of WinCC Flex!

Many thanks for all your help

;-)