DDE Excel question

mrdmrd

Hello everyone

I have a quick question.

Excuse the Noob question.

I am trying to learn DDE stuff. My question is that assuming that I am using an AB PLC, If I use the DDE to copy the value of N7:0 to Excel and place it in cell A1, and the value of N7:0 changes will Excel automaticly update or how do I go about updating the information.

Thanks

mrdmrd,
I just tested a DDE link into excel and it did update on change.
Hope that helped.
Bob O.

When you configure your DDE topic in Rslinx, under the Data Collection Tab, there is a setting for polled messages, if you choose this, and then set a time in msecs, such as 1000, then the data will be updated every 1000msecs.

Hope that helps,

Ken

Similar Topics

This used to be an easy task in the past to get data into Excel, now I have 365, Excel just hangs when I paste the link. I've seen some guides to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm brand new to the forum and spent some time looking around but could not find an answer to my question. I'm using an excel spreadsheet to...
Replies
Views
Dear Friends; I copy the link of Tag value and paste it as a link in Excel but Cell shows #REF The images are attached where i am wrong...
Replies
Views
HI, I created a RSLINX OPC/DDE topic and then copied the link in to excel and I'm getting a #REF Error in the cells rather than the data, anyone...
Replies
Views
I didn't want to resurrect an old thread http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=7378&highlight=cx-server+dde But i'm trying to connect an...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom