Control logix Redundancy issue

Redundancy System will not work with 5.028 signed firmware
There is no way to flash module down once it has signed firmware - it must be replaced.

Another issue that I see is that based on your screenshot, you are using USB port on EN2T - this is not supported, Redundancy user manual clearly states that.

Anyhow Redundancy works fine with out down the firmware version
i understood that Primary and secondary should be same firmware and cabling

Now i came up with another problem
i have a Ethernet switch (1783-MS06T) connected to the EN2TR module for workstations. i found in manuals , do Express Setup before connected to RSLOGIX 5000 tree.

I tried to do it by following steps in following manual , i cannot access this page shows in the manual

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/1783-in005_-en-p.pdf

Any help

Anyhow Redundancy works fine with out down the firmware version
You (or your company) put a lot of extra money building redundancy system instead of standard to have high availablity system.
By using un-tested, un-approved firmware revision, that is known to have issues in redundand configurations, you are defeating all purposes of redundancy.

Contr_Conn

How that happened, i did download the firmware kit before i flash all module. but ufortunatly when i intends to do flash for EN2TR , the only version shown in control flash was 5.028 (somebody install it for another project )
in control flash, 5.008 will not until we do view all check box.

Would you please solve recent issue with Ethernet Switches in lthe last post

You are missing the point. It does not matter why it has the wrong firmware in it. It is wrong, and unsupported. When and if you have issues RA will NOT support this or stand behind it.

You are selling your customer or yourself a system that is NOT redundant. Just because you see no errors now means little to nothing.

RSL

Last edited:
RSL

I know it is mistake from my end. i should have check the release note before firmware installation

I wondering, how then Sychronisation and switching happening,

Would you tell me any perfect way to check the redundancy

There is no way around this. That module MUST be at the correct SUPPORTED firmware level if you want it to be 100%. There are hundreds if not thousands of hours that go in to the testing of the high availability firmware to ensure that it is solid.

Arbitrarily using different firmware and saying "looks good to me" is not going to be the same thing at all.

I do not have a good answer for you. Yes, it may work. But, I will guarantee you there are issues associated with not using the bundled firmware. That is why it is in a bundle when you download it.

I realize it is inconvenient, but you are kidding yourself if you think it is ok to leave it as is.

Redundancy is HIGHLY documented and tested. It must be implemented as designed or it may have issues and RA will NOT stand behind it.

RSL

I think RSL was very clear about your ststem, I will not repeat it again, it MUST have firmware listed in the bundle

but ufortunatly when i intends to do flash for EN2TR , the only version shown in control flash was 5.028
And I want to repeat my earlier statement - 5.028 is signed firmware, it will not flash back to an unsigned version. This was exact purpose of signed FW release to prevent flash.

There is no way back, but get a pair of new modules

Modules with Fw 5.28 still can be used in "non-redundand" systems and in I/O racks of redundand systems.

Would you please solve recent issue with Ethernet Switches in lthe last post
I am not familiar with this switch to the level of giving any advice

Last edited:
Ethernet communication

Hi guys

I have been experiencing some issues related to Ethernet ip communication
i have ethenet switch startix 8000 connnected to EN2T Module with the same
configuration explained in above posts

I want to communicate Controller to Factory talk view SE through this switch
i did set up Rs linx enterprise server in FT view , ( Ethernet driver) i can found the only switches but no controllers / modules

but when i connect USB to controller , i cant found this switch in Rs linx
but the switch in RS Logix Tree is properly added ( no yellow mark)

In RS linx Enterprises i think we need to make the shortcut with controller
any help why i cant access controller there ?

Please find the attachment

tree.jpg rs linx.jpg

All,

I passed couple of times through this topics, and read couple of manuals, but still im having an issue with redundancy. I had redundancy setup by me and running for longer period already, and now situation is as following many RIOs (ACNRs and some panelviews on cnet are dead) are disconnected due to extended maintenance. and we need to run equipment that is still on, but im getting very often, almost every 5min, a swtchover from Primary to secondary, and i loose network for a moment every time when it is switching, and emergency goes down due to same reason. in 1756 RM/B Redundancy module Event log every time before initiating switchover I see moderator missing on network (module name 1756-CN2R) and NEtwork transition to not attached (module name 1756-CN2R) and (BD) SYS_FAIL_L active in partner RM and SYS_FAIL_L_Active and then is switchover attempted.

I dont know how to see in networx which module is moderator, and what is causing this problem...

The problem Im having is I cannot add the CN2R/C modules in the project tree of my processor 20.054. The only module available is a CN2R/B, when I go online and try to discover a module the module shows up as a CN2R/C but the description says it does not have a module profile, and the message I get is that the network is not scheduled.