1734-OW4 Leakage current

Jason P

Just looking at the manual for 1734-OW4 and it states its "4 type A Normally Open electromechanical relays" but right below it there is a spec for leakage current 1.2mA...? Why would a mechanical relay have a leakage current spec?

Last edited:
Do you mean the 1746-OW4?

the manual I have shows 0 ma leakage. See pdf.

Can you post what you are looking at?

Scott: That "solid state equipment differs from electromechanical equipment" reference to publication SGI-1.1 has been in Allen-Bradley user manuals since the 1980's. It is a universal technical disclaimer and does not give any information about the specific device.

Jason: The leakage is through the snubber circuit that's built in to the module to protect the relay outputs. It leaks about 1.2 mA at 240V, and about 0.6 mA at 120V AC.

RA Knowledgebase 39709 explains how to size a bleeding resistor if your load cannot tolerate the AC leakage.