Omron Programmable Terminal

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all. I have an Omron programmable terminal NTH25-ST121B. I found an operator manual however, it makes no mention of programming this thing. For instance, what software to use. Anyone have any experience programming these that could shed a little light on this for me? Thanks

I believe this may be the software NT-ZJCAT1-EV3 I used to have what was called NT series support tool and I believe this could program the NTH range
I do know the in-built help is useless though.

NT Support Tool is in the Utility directory on the CX-One CD/DVD.

Link to the manual.

https://www.fa.omron.com.cn/data_pdf/mnu/v061-e1-06_nt-zjcmx1-v4.pdf

gtsuport

Thank you for the link. I have perused the manual however, I don't see the NTH25 listed anywhere. I have an operator manual as well, that does include the NTH25. An Omron tech sent me the link to download the NT support tool. I am still unable to upload from the NTH25 to my laptop. I have (what I believe to be) the correct cable to connect, I have set the NTH25 so it is displaying "Please Transmit" but connection keeps timing-out. Any thoughts? Thank you

I am currently pressing buttons on the HMI and watching the ladder logic which really is proving to be the needle in the hay stack. Bluebyu graciously donated 3+ hours on the phone with me to get me up to speed with this software and I am getting close. I have also chased wire in the cabinet to identify some of the I/O so the only missing piece is this HMI. It seems like it should be easier for me to do. Ashamedly, I tend to make things a little more difficult than they really are.

The USB-CN220-EU should be the correct cable.
XM2S-09 is just the Omron DB9 hood.
See attached for pinout information.
And I connect the NT directly to my laptop, correct, not going through the CPU? The tech I talked to at Omron said he thinks I am supposed to connect to the CPU.

What cable are you using to connect the computer to the HMI?
Have you had any luck connecting a keyspan and then build the cable with the DB9's? I am getting crushed between this rock and the hard place. Omron is telling me it must be the CS1W-CIF31 and I am happy to buy one but would like to know if this would work, in the name of saving time? Thanks

I have used the Keyspan HS19 with the cable.
I have not connected to a NTH25, but I have connected to other NT models.

Did you get the USB-CN220-EU from genius in training?
Usually his cables just work.

gtsuport