RSLogix 500 and Standalone Security Server

pimpim32

I have investigated the option to put password for specific routines into RSLogix5000 as requested by a customer for an CompactLogix project.

Ok downloaded Standalone Security Server, looked into it, understood almost nothing gave up for the moment as not being important.

Next day tried to start RSLogix 500 (for which I never tick any security feature and never wanted any )and appeared "Failed to initialize the security subsystem" Installed/Uninstalled Security server, Installed/Uninstalled RSLogix 500 no matter what I could not started RSLogix 500 due to database failure.

OK followed technote E8155, faced my fears and deleted mentioned registry entries ( and lots of others ) still no luck.

Only when I reinstalled with "Enable RSA Security on I was able to start the RSLogix 500.

OK so far so good.
Uninstalled Standolone Security Server, Uninstalled RSLogix500, Reinstalled without RSA security enabled and again "Failed to initialize the security subsystem" ??#$$#@@@??

So in the end RSLogix can run only with RSA security enabled.

I there any way to run without RSA security?
How can I check off security for RSLogix500

Thank you
Marian

http://www.mac-solutions.co.uk/

This company provide a system where all your plc programs live on a centrally based server and you book the program out make edits and then book the program back in. This allows a complete history of all of your changes and the system also automatically makes backups of all of yuour PLC programs. Each user is given a username and password and which programs they are allowed to view and edit. This works with all AB, Siemens, Mitsubishi PLCs and is an execellent system.

ryan100980

what I need is NO security, what these guys doing is just extra security

operaghost
I have tried that solution but still does not apply to me.
I it for RSLogix 500 ver 4 and earlier and to make the system running under Security Server.

I have ver7.10 (CPR7) and this problem is fixed, but not the reverse. Myself I do not want the RSAsset Security enabled and Security Server can go to a nice and warm place.
What I want is to have the program to start nice and clean without a single password or administrator log-on or whatever.
If I need an password I want to add it inside program for any routine/data file just by clicking on it

Also I believe all my problem starts from FactoryTalk ( another security layer) unfortunately I do not know how to run RSView Studio without FactoryTalk.

However you gave me an idea, I will try to tamper with the sentinelclient.dll but when I will have time. At least now everything is running.

BTW I complained to my distributor guy and he said that RA received a number of complaints about all these security measures taking over when you do not want to and they plan to ease off on security stuff.

Thanks guys for your help.
Marian

Hi,Pimpim32
I encounter same problem you had.
Did the problem solved?If yes,Can you advise
how to resolve it? Thanks

Best regards,
YS