why use InControl!

eng_muslim

al salam alikum:

i wonder as long as we have InControl software than can be replace plc's unit whever it is (siemens,LG,rockwell,.....) i need pls an answer cus i ask this question in wonderware forum before and them technical stuff told me that can be happen and i don't know what is the right thing.

thnx in advace 4 every one

Walikom al-salam

Eng-muslim,
Your question is very near to this topic: "PC based control Vs PLC based control".

I don't the Incontrol softwaer until you mentioned it here, I visited wonderware and read a brief about it.

It's a PC based control system (under Windows :( ), which -in many cases- not suitable for control systems.
Any way, This topic was discussed many time before (here and there), Try these links from Google

Best regards.

thnx alot boss,some of them said they find that pc's nt good of control cus of many reason,but other's(only one person) said that if we use the single board computers this wil solve so many problems of usual pc's as he said,this sound good i think.
but i think that using plc's more powerfull than pc's cus it is specific made for these issues.
any one here have any experience in usin pcbased control?
thnx in advance