Powerflex 70

ThomasGruetter

Lifetime Supporting Member
Replacing a Poweflex 70 drive:
Old drive is 20AD011A3 AYNANNN with FW 2.003
New drive is 20AD011A0 AYNANCO with FW 5.001 both Series A

I thought this would be an easy switch with copycat and did not prepare much.
The new drive had also a HIM although it is shwon w/o im the part code.
I copied the parameters of the old drive on both HIM's then replaced it.
When trying to download the parameters to the new drive I get a "family mismatch error". So now I have to repower the old drive to check for parameters.
Is there a simpler way to do this? Does the "safe torque off" make this an enhanced model that is not compatible ?

Replacing a Poweflex 70 drive:
Old drive is 20AD011A3 AYNANNN with FW 2.003
New drive is 20AD011A0 AYNANCO with FW 5.001 both Series A

I thought this would be an easy switch with copycat and did not prepare much.
The new drive had also a HIM although it is shwon w/o im the part code.
I copied the parameters of the old drive on both HIM's then replaced it.
When trying to download the parameters to the new drive I get a "family mismatch error". So now I have to repower the old drive to check for parameters.
Is there a simpler way to do this? Does the "safe torque off" make this an enhanced model that is not compatible ?

I have had no luck with parameter restore on Powerflex 70 and 700. Even .001 differences in the firmware make the restore fail (or worse, the drive does not operate right)

If you look at the old drive and match up the setup (communications, inputs, datalinks) to the new one then, in my experience, the new one works like the old one.

Again, in my experience, you don't need to disable anything. The defaults for the new options are that they are off until parameters are entered to enable them.

If a network adapter has been added to the drive or you have a 1203-USB, you can upload the paramaters in Connected Components Workbench. There is a checkbox in the software that shows only the parameters changed from default. It makes this process pretty simple, but only works if you a way to connect your PC to the powered up drive.