DeltaV, OPC Mirror, RSLinx and SLC500 integration

vtfan

I have a current project in which I must merge an existing SLC500 DH+ network into a DeltaV system.

Through our vendors, we have purchased a workstaion loaded with an Application Station and OPC mirror software.

From what I am learning, I need to create Input and Output paramaters in the control systems of the ProPlus system. After that, I use the OPC mirror to point to the AB memory locations that are to be assigned to those I/O paramaters.

Anybody done this? Is there a way to create a *.csv type file and import it into the ProPlus station for just one module area?

Any help or suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

pat

vtfan said:
Is there a way to create a *.csv type file and import it into the ProPlus station for just one module area?

Pat,

That sounds like it would be a function of the software you're using. Not being familiar with it, I can only say that it would be one of the features that I would EXPECT in this day and age of data-sharing. I mean if you can paste a sound file into a spreadsheet, you ought to be able to do this, right?

This really sounds like a question you should go to tech support with. If it's there, they should be able to guide you through the menus.

What you've already done is fairly impressive. I have no doubt that you'll get this figured out eventually!

AK

Yeah, I'm with you. All the other products I use have import and export functionality. DeltaV does, but they do not guarantee it to work and don't recommend it. Due to the nature of this job, I'm going to have to create them all by hand, about 300 - 400 I/O point. Could be worse, could be better.

Thanks for the reply.

Pat