Motion Diagnostics

How much can you do with the system to diagnose this? Is it shut down or in operation, e.g. can you swap controllers around, swap in spares, rearrange cables?

I know bupkis about the details, but in the words of one fellow trying to diagnose something in my dad's day, "Let's do something, even if it's wrong."

You may get more data to narrow down where the problem could be, or eliminate somewhere it is not.

Do the statistics on the motion diagnostics update in real time? When do those largish maximum (2ms+) times, and late transmissions, accumulate? All along a long move or at the end?

When we do tech support we ask for a plot or in Rockwell's case a trend. We want to see the target position, actual position and control output. More data is better to a point.

Saving away a trend that captures the error occurring is is important.
If there is some way to indicate when a new command is issued in the trend is a big plus.

Sorry, I got side tracked.

The system travels to the position it's told to in a nice smooth manner and is spot on but there isn't any feedback of where the bin is that the system is driving so there can be physical position errors and the PLC would never know.
I can't say anything about the controls because 19 other identical systems are running just fine like this.
Also, I'm still mentally stuck this is a comms issue because of the late transmission to the drive from the controller and will change the order of communications/swap network cables around in the daisy chain to see what happens on Monday morning to the problem axis. I could of done this on Friday afternoon but being a Friday afternoon, hell no. Not touching it.

Changing the order of devices in the daisy chain didn’t affect the late transmission but an upload -> compact -> download appears to have. Almost 24 Hrs. with no late transmissions and a more uniform timing statistics as list in the motion diagnostics tab.
I need to still ask about the actual positioning but transmissions have improved.