Hyper-v and USB comm adapter

dwoodlock

Lifetime Supporting Member
Just curious if anyone has any recommended solutions for gaining my USB-A to miniUSB adapter inside my VM

Having an adventure with an M3401000, which has only a USB and serial port on the front of it (this is one reason as I've discovered that vmware wins over hyper-v)

I have found some information about tunneling, where the USB port traffic is converted to TCIP, and can then be read on the VM side(or something to that effect).

Thanks in advance.

You only need connect usb and then select on VMware that usb is connected directly to your virtual PC.
For ethernet and serial connections you can use USB adapters and again connect usb directly to VMware.

I ended up creating a virtualbox VM this morning, and it includes native USB passthrough, which allowed me to use the USB adapter to connect to the processor.