Mistubishi PLC Programming via Ethernet

Killercal

I was wondering if it is possible to monitor/program a Q3A processor over Ethernet. I have an Ethernet card in the PLC chassis that is set up to communicate to a GOT and I can read/write values to registers from OPC sample client server. But when I tried to connect to the PLC with GX developer, it gives me a possible timed out error or cabling wrong.

Here is what I have in the Transfer set up.

PC side I/F = Ethernet Board.
Network No.=1
Station No.=3

PLC Side I/F = Ethernet Module.
Network No.=1
Staion No.=1
Computer type= AJ71QE71
IP Address/Host= 192.168.0.152
Routing= Automatic Transfer method

Other Station = Other Station(Single Network)
Time out= 45 seconds
Retry times= 0

Network Route=Ethernet
Network=1
Staton No=1

Does anyone see a problem with this? Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Ok, I think I have found out what is wrong. On the PLC Side I/F Computer Type setting I have selected AJ71QE71. When I was setting up the comms to communicate with the GOT 1000, we came across a problem. the driver needed to be set to the AJ71E71 which is the "A" series ethernet driver. Since I don't have the "A" Series driver option, my guess is that monitoring/programming with GX developer via Ethernet is impossible.

Let me know if my assumption is wrong or if there is another way around it.

Thanks,

Scott

Killercal said:
PC side I/F = Ethernet Board.
Network No.=1
Station No.=3

PLC Side I/F = Ethernet Module.
Network No.=1
Staion No.=1
Computer type= AJ71QE71 <-----change QJ71E71
IP Address/Host= 192.168.0.152
Routing= Automatic Transfer method

Other Station = Other Station(Single Network)
Time out= 45 seconds <-----change to 20
Retry times= 0 <-----change 5

Network Route=Ethernet <-----change to access to Ethernet mod
Network=1
Staton No=1

This is what I have not saying its right or wrong but it works...

Last edited: