FT View SE Tags Not Working

southerndandy

Hello all!

I am having some issues with Rockwell's FT View SE Studio software.

I'm trying to get a test tag I created in the tag editor to work in a display. For some reason when I use a 'direct' tag (as I think its refered to) the indicatior works as it should when I toggle the bit in the SLC 5/05. When I tell the indicator to use one of the tags that I created which references a 'direct' tag, the indicatior doesn't function. It doesn't go into the error state (at least not right away) - it just remains in state 0.

I have gone through the SE manual / help in the software and tried everything I could thing of with no luck. I see that Rockwell has a Knowledge Base answer 61014 that matches my issue but in true Rockwell fashion they have it locked away for peoples with a Tech Connect contract which sadly I do not have...

The SE setup is pretty basic. I'm using RSLinx Enterprise as my 'data server' with one 'area' and a few display screens - nothing overly complex that for sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much!

I don't have any experience with your problem but, here is the 61014 answer:

Question
Why do my tags not work when used in the tag Database but direct tags do.
I am using RSView SE and RSLinx Enterprise as my data server.

trnsp.gif
Answer
Restoring a backup of the project failed and this indicated that the tag database was corrupt.

Steps required to recover a corrupt tag database.

1. Make a backup of your SE project.
  2. Export all the tags from the running project.
  3. Delete all the cache files in the backup [Project\cache\RDMDATA].
  4. Delete all the files in the backup tag folder [Project\TAG] (Make a note of the file names).
  5. Create a new blank project with HMI server.
  6. Copy all the files in the TAG folder of the blank project to the TAG folder in the backup project rename all the files to match project name as noted in step 4.
  7. Create a New Project.
  8. Import the HMI server from the backup copy used in step 6.
  9. Import all the tags from the CSV files created in step 2.
The above steps should recover the system and the tag data base should now work correctly.