Serial cable for Siemens OP 17 HMI uploading

misamark

Hi people!

Do anybody have drawings for making serial cable for SIEMENS HMI, exactelly OP17. I have SERIAL RS232 cable but 9-9 pin; and I need 9 pin to PC side and 15 pin to HMI OP17 side.

Regards to all

MisaMark

Download program

Hi,

You can buy it from Siemens or can make it with the conection in the attached PDF file.

Hope this helps,

Kelkoon

Hi misamark
Did u upload the project successfully. I thing u can upload the project using prosave only.

i use this configuration for the cable:

PC (9 pin) OP17 (15 pin, IF2 port)
2 -> 4
3 -> 3
5 (GND) -> 5,10,12

it works. before using prosave, turn off OP17, pres ESC and Up key, turn on OP17. wait a second, release the button. the screen will show ready to transfer. run prosave.

I tried many times but i couldn't upload project using protool.

But i use the above PDF configuration cable(6XV1 440-2KH32) for download.

Hi, this configuration works for Siemens OP 177B? I need a serial cable for OS transfer. I only have USB cable and MPI, and this sets dont work to do a complete low level restoration.

I use the S5 programming cable on a Siemens PG.
The cable has a 15pin on the HMI download side and a 25pin on the PC side all that is needed is a 25 to 9 pin converter.