Communicating and interface DB over profibus

Ashebl

Hi folks,

I am configuring an app on TIA portal V14 using CPU 315-2 PN/DP.

There is a DB that has the variables that will be communicated via profibus to Delta V. They all have the addresses DB90.DBX...

The question is I have to configure I-slave communication in TIA portal and the transfer areas only accepts addresses with I or Q.

Do I need to move the variables in DB90 to other data variables and assign them addresses with Q or I?

THanks
Amr

Is Delta V some kind of SCADA or DCS ?
If so, it sounds unlikely (but not completely impossible) that it will communicate with the S7 via Profibus DP master-slave.
Without knowing Delta V I would guess that a "normal" connection via Ethernet would be a better solution.
Even Profibus could be possible, but via an S7 connection rather than DP master-slave.
If an S7 connection via Ethernet or Profibus is possible, then Delta V can access the memory directly in the S7 PLC, with no need to go via I/O over profibus.

The communication is configured on Delta V side via profibus. So I am not really sure if the data can be accessed without having to configure the transfer areas in I-slave communication

Profibus can also be master-master.

Most SCADA systems can be OPC Clients. In that case an OPC connection to the S7 PLC via Profibus would be possible, and the SCADA gets access to all DBs in the PLC.

If Delta V cannot be an OPC Client, but must be a Profibus master for the S7 PLC as Profibus slave, then yes you will have to setup the S7 PLC as a DP Slave, or (if the S7 PLC is already master for DP slaves) you can setup a DP/DP coupler between the S7 and Delta V.

Hi folks,

I am configuring an app on TIA portal V14 using CPU 315-2 PN/DP.

There is a DB that has the variables that will be communicated via profibus to Delta V. They all have the addresses DB90.DBX...

The question is I have to configure I-slave communication in TIA portal and the transfer areas only accepts addresses with I or Q.

Do I need to move the variables in DB90 to other data variables and assign them addresses with Q or I?

THank
Amr

Yes, you need to move your DB areas into the Q areas you assign and (from the I areas), based on how much data you need to send and receive.

I dont have an issue with the hardware configuration.

The communication criteria has already been set.
Delta V is the master and the Siemens will be the slave.

The communication will be via profibus through CPU 315-2 PN/DP.

I found the variables in the program of the siemens PLC in a data block (DB) where the variables have been assigned the addresses (DB120.DBx0.0, DB120.DBW2, and so on...)

The question is shall i move these variables to other variables where they can be assigned I / Q addresses so that deltaV can see these variables.

I create a variable "S" with address (%I500) and move the variable whose address is DB120.DBx0.0 to it

SO i can configure the transfer area in the I-slave communication to start with I500 lenght 16 bytes

Yes, you need to move your DB areas into the Q areas you assign and (from the I areas), based on how much data you need to send and receive.

Thanks a lot. I just needed to verify my doubts since I didnt work a lot with siemens before neither the configuration via TIA portal

Ok back to this issue again. The communication is established but the values are being read as zero on delta V. Why is that