Siemens S7-200 NO bit description?

Leukic

First time looking at Siemens. Our thin brick saw would not go system ON which by troubleshooting the wiring it was an issue with an ESTOP. But upon looking in the PLC. I found no information besiades what you see here

S7-200 Siemens There are no Descriptions for the bits. Is this common or did the person that installed it just not provide it?

25iavsz.png

Try what Jesper wrote.

Otherwise if memory serves me right, has been quite a few years since I used a S7-200, if program was uploaded from PLC you'll loose all comments. You need the original project file to get the comments. Or it was orignially done without comments (unlikely?).

The comments are not stored in the S7-200.

If your offline program does not have comments, then you have to start labeling things using the Symbol Table. I typically start with the I/O from a wiring diagram, then label internal values (M memory & V memory) as I figure out what they are.

If your offline program does not have comments, then you have to start labeling things using the Symbol Table. I typically start with the I/O from a wiring diagram, then label internal values (M memory & V memory) as I figure out what they are.

Or even better, find original offline project from old backups or laptops (y)

Finally got an email back from the company that makes the saw. With pdf files of the electrical schematic. This will help tremendously as it wil be slow going in the plc. Still don't know **** about siemens for the most part.

about the comments about not having comments, the blocks appear to have names. if it would be a bare upload there would only be cryptic names (OB1; SRB1; SRB2 etc)
So my guess would also be the comment/symbolic view of adresses is turned off

about the comments about not having comments, the blocks appear to have names. if it would be a bare upload there would only be cryptic names (OB1; SRB1; SRB2 etc)
So my guess would also be the comment/symbolic view of adresses is turned off

I have been going through and labeling them tedious but worth it.