RSLogix 5000/Studio 5000 Installation - Windows Server 2019

The problem I had was using the DISM command to upgrade from evaluation to standard.
It got stuck at 10%. There are threads discussing it
https://social.technet.microsoft.co...on-stuck-at-10-for-over-12-hours?forum=ws2016

Dism /online /Set-Edition:ServerStandard /AcceptEula /ProductKey:xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
The solution seems to be to manually start the Windows License Manager Service and the Software Protection Service and for an extra twist of weirdness I needed to press the enter key a couple of times in my command prompt window to wake it up!

Don't bother ringing MS about it if you bought an OEM or OEI license!

This was with 2016 so maybe it isn't a problem with 2019. I suspect the problem was the machine took so long that the on demand triggered services went back to sleep.

Last edited: