Suspect Database DB SQL Server

userxyz

Hello,

I have a DB (22 gigs big) that is suspect and not working anymore.

I found this repaircode on internet:

Code:
EXEC sp_resetstatus SOADB;
ALTER DATABASE SOADB SET EMERGENCY
DBCC checkdb(SOADB)
ALTER DATABASE SOADB SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE
DBCC CheckDB (SOADB, REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS)
ALTER DATABASE SOADB SET MULTI_USER

The query is now allready running 1 hour and 30 minutes. Is this normal ? And will the DB be repaired in this way ?

Anyone with SQL experience can help me out ?

kind regards,

Gerry

repair.jpg

Code:
EXEC sp_resetstatus SOADB;
ALTER DATABASE SOADB SET EMERGENCY
DBCC checkdb(SOADB)
ALTER DATABASE SOADB SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE
DBCC CheckDB (SOADB, REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS)
ALTER DATABASE SOADB SET MULTI_USER

In the following code, you did not set the database into Single user mode. The second thing is, here is the chance of data loss because you are using DBCC CHECKDB option with REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS option.

I will suggest trying the free version of this SQL database repair software to fix Suspect mode issue.

Good Luck!

fix suspect database

It's quite common that the database is suspected, the best way is to always keep a backup. I have met such an issue, and I used the Bitwar to rescue my suspect database, you can also have a try.