Allen Bradley AOI's and IMC Control

awaege

So I am controlling a process with a very large dead-time. Because of this I found that the AB IMC function block worked the best to control the process. I spent a considerable time getting the controller to behave the way I wanted and it is very accurate. However, now my boss wants me to encapsulate all the code into an AOI so it can be easily replicated. I was able to successfully create the AOI (it does contain two layers) containing all the code. However, when I try to execute the IMC control from the AOI I get results that don't come anywhere close to what I saw with the controller outside of the AOI. I've tried everything I can think of to make sure the two are identical (which they should be since all the model constants are the same). I also looked into possible execution time errors since I really only need one scan approximately every 3-5 seconds but execution time is the same for both.

Has anyone ever seen weird issues like this while trying to encapsulate code in AOI's?