ifix 5.9 constant beeping

eervin84

I am trying to figure out why ifix is constantly beeping every second. I have tested to be sure that it is ifix as the beeping goes away when the program is closed. I initially thought it was the alarm horn but disabled/silenced that and acknowledged all alarms to no avail. I cannot seem to find the source of this sound in the software. Please help.

So far what I have found is that if I disable the SAC task in windows task manager, the beeping stops. However, this also breaks all of the alarm functionality within ifix. I also tried using the command line parameter for this task to suppress notifications for no data and communication alarms with no success. Thoughts?

I have that exact same problem on iFix 5.5. However, I do have plenty of alarms that are going to alarm areas that no one looks at. Perhaps you have something like this?

I suppose that is possible but I would expect that disabling and/or silencing the alarm horn would stop this issue, if it were truly caused by an alarm. It does a slow steady beep pattern for a new active unacknowledged alarm that is an entirely different tone. This stops after acknowledging the alarm but this soft one beep per second tone persists. I have isolated it to the SAC task of iFix as mentioned earlier but not sure where to proceed from here.