Tag Search in Studio5000, in AOI's

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all. I was doing a Find All for a tag and the Studio5000 couldn't find it. After weeding through all the AOI's I see that this tag is an input to an AOI. Why didn't Studio5000 see this tag? How do I search for tags that are in an AOI, if it isn't showing up in the search? I tried back-tracking and find a path to the tag but wasn't successful. The current project was small enough that it wasn't a big deal however, I am thinking ahead to the next project, which is pretty big. Thank you

Take a closer look at the search "find within" filter options, I'm betting you just missed a check box some where.

I typically use cntrl-e (cross-reference) to find where tags are at.

Take a closer look at the search "find within" filter options, I'm betting you just missed a check box some where.

I typically use cntrl-e (cross-reference) to find where tags are at.

I am not sure where the "find within" is that you mentioned however, your ctrl+E found the tag for me. Thank you.

The search feature has gotten more reliable over time, but when this nonsense happens, I export the project to a .L5K and use Notepad++.

In every case where "find" or "search" is quoted as "not working", it is always because the search options have not been configured correctly.

I demonstrate this time and time again in class.

Cross-referencing doesn't have options, so will always show meaningful results. But remember there are options with cross-referencing as well...

"By Logic" - only looks in user code to see if the tag is used.

"By Tag" - looks in the tag database

"Tag Hierarchy" - looks in the tag database, similar to "By Tag" but shows results differently.

Think of cross-referencing as a "super-search", with no limits, and you won't go far wrong....

The search feature has gotten more reliable over time, but when this nonsense happens, I export the project to a .L5K and use Notepad++.

IMHO the search feature has never been "unreliable", just that people haven't used it correctly....

see my previous post

In every case where "find" or "search" is quoted as "not working", it is always because the search options have not been configured correctly.

Thank you for the reply. I am having trouble with it finding tags that are inside an AOI's.

I tried this however, it still doesn't see the AOI tags.

Please be more specific, what isn't working for you ? Attach an example....

I have just created an AOI with a local tag called "Bob"

I haven't even used the AOI in my application, but search finds "Bob" with no problems....