RTU interface with AB PLC

Engineer_UA

Greetings,

I have a question about making station data visible at a remote SCADA workstation. Does "damping" data into RTU from a local PLC make data "live" at a remote workstation? My understanding is that this data is live only and not stored at the RTU unless there is also a data storage connected to the network.
Can someone explain a high level network?

Thanks,
EE

EE
Hi, I worked at a large water utility with SCADA. Information from the sites went through a processor in the RTU over a radio to operations in Read/Write. Ops could start/stop pumps, and had live data at their SCADA terminal. We put in HMI's at most of the bigger stations so we programmers and electricians could look at data without having to go on line with the PLC. They didn't want us suddenly starting/stopping a pump so we didn't have much digital control. Nowhere was there any data storage--all live real time data.
You might be able to set up some trends and have that info sent out periodically. Not really sure what you're looking to do. Hope this helps.