Crimson 3 and RSLogix 5000 Local Tags

MATT116

Crimson 3.0 version build 624.005
Driver Allen-Bradley native tags via L5k file enhanced
Studio 5K version 24.

So crimson cannot see the "local" tag that is created when a module is added in Logix 5000?
For example I have a 1756-IF16 in slot 5 and a flow meter connected to ch0 which in the PLC is tag Local:5:I.Ch0Data.
When I import the L5K file into crimson I cannot see the Local:5:I.Ch0Data tag. Am I doing something wrong or will I have to create alias?

Thanks

Matt,
Be careful on the Alias tags. Older versions of the L5K driver could not read the Alias tags correctly. They claim to have that fixed now but I would test it just to make sure.

If you have any issues just map the physical I/O to Bool tags. The driver can read Bool Tags with out any issues. That is how I got around it.

According to the release notes Crimson Version 624.005 they fixed the L5K driver not reading Alias tags. I haven't tried it yet. Has anyone else tried it?

It reads most alias's. REAL alias it still has a problem reading, reads them as DINT. I talked to tech support (shortly after 624.005 was released) they said it was a known issue with Crimson and they are working on it.

Simple question where is the mapping feature, I can find copy mapping. Or is do I have to enter in text editor somewhere. (Fairly new to PLC's and this is First time I have used other than tags imported from controller.)

In crimson on the left side in the Navigation Pane select Data Tags then create a new Tag. For the Source, from the drop down list pick your PLC.

I did that once and it comes up a red X as the icon in front of the "new" tag(s) so I thought that was incorrect way of doing it

I had permissions set wrong I had to set it as read only...the simple things always seem to get me
Thank you

However it will be nice if Red Lion does make the tags import correctly, even though this is a simple work around.

The red X doesn't mean its configured wrong.
The X means it is a integer and the Red means it is either Read and Write or Write only. If it was Green then it would be Read only.

I changed it to read only, and it went from a red X to a green PI symbol which I assume stands for floating point, since it turned to a PI right after I made the tag a Floating point tag(prior to mapping).