GE Proficy ME Questions

Pete_S

Hello,

I am working to resolve an issue involving an RX3i with CPU310 and Industrial Gateway Server.

Issue: Project provided to me from customer has a UDT with INT and FLOAT arrays. When quick client in IGS has tags referencing elements of the float array in the UDT I can read values on the controller with no issue. When I write to a float tag in the QC I see the value pushed to the appropriate array element, but then the next 3 contiguous elements of the float array are populated with garbage (nearly 0 IE 2.39E-20). I can take the UDT structure and import it into a new project and create a new instance with same name so my QC reference is still valid, and I do not see this issue. So to me this seems to be a project dependent issue. So with this assumption I am trying to make the 2 projects as close to the same as possible to see if I get same data going over the wire when reading/writing tags with the QC. In trying to make the projects the same I have encountered a few issues I can't resolve:

1)In the project that I am seeing issues in when I select the variable tab in the navigator, I see all variables defined under the target. I am trying to replicate this in my project but I do not see the ability to add a target in the variable list. How can I add a target to the variable list?

2)In trying to determine if this is an issue related to the allocation of symbolic memory, I am trying to get the variable definitions identical in each project. So in the project that is exhibiting issues I deleted all variables and imported the variables from my "good" project. So with system variables filtered I show 2 variables, but I see more variables then my 2 variables and 62 system variables. This excess variable amount is not the same in each project. How can I see/ remove these "phantom" variables?

Thanks for reading :site:

1) You can "export" the variable file and import it into your new target....which you have done.
2) Go to "Variables>Delete Unused Variables". This will delete all variables that are not used in the logic.

Last edited:
1) You can "export" the variable file and import it into your new target....which you have done.
2) Go to "Variables>Delete Unused Variables". This will delete all variables that are not used in the logic.

Thanks for the reply NetNathan;
I did these steps but I am still seeing a difference. I figures a picture is worth a thousand words so I included screenshot to show issue. After exporting .snf from project in left of image(original) to project in right of image(import) I still see the following differences:

1)Original project shows the Target in the variable list but import project does not.
2)Original project shows 222 variables and import project shows 177. I would expect these to be the same. Also I am only able to see 64 variables with the system variable filter turned off. How do I show all variables?

Windows 7-2015-07-09-08-30-45.jpg

Look at the messages in the feedback zone. On the left, you exported 115 variables. On the right 115 variables were rejected when you tried to import.

Hi Steve,

That message was from 2nd attempt to import just was testing if I could overwrite existing variables, which does not work. Your comment however did inspire me to repeats my import after deleting my existing tags. It was successful, but the variable count increases which I found odd as I deleted and then added the same # of tags. There are many variables that I cant see and this is concerning to me. Any thoughts there?