Panelview factory reset

A_G

Lifetime Supporting Member
My Panelview Plus 7 Performance with firmware v10 gave me this error message: "Error #2: terminal software stopped responding, select recovery options". After talking to Rockwell tech support, they said this was a Bios error and recommended to do a factory reset of the Panelview and download the latest v10 firmware from the Rockwell website. Anyway, this system is supposed to ship soon, and I don't really want to do this in case it causes even more problems down the line. At least right now, the Panelview seems to be running ok for a few days. On the other hand, if this issue happened once, it can happen again. Any advice is appreciated! Has anyone had a similar issue before, and what did you end up doing?

Based on your comments about the terminal "losing" its *.MER file, and now a low-level failure that might indicate an inability to run its filesystem.... order a replacement. Chips fail, and even though Rockwell does pretty good burn-in on PV+, it's not impossible that you have a bad SSD chip or interface.