micrologix 1500 hardware fault

metricelec

Hello,
I have a new micrologix 1500 processor LSP rev. D ser. C
in a base unit 1764-24BWA Ser. B Rev. A This combination is
giving me a hardware fault when I try to go to run mode?
I have had this processor running in an other base unit with
no problems before can you help me? Fault on Value on S:6 is 8h

Thanks,

whats in the error description? did u try clear major error?

8h is internal software error...may be u should post the program here so that someone can look at it.

Last edited:
Yes I reset the fault and every time I try to go to run it returns,
the fault is base hardware fault ot is incompatable with the OS
Recommended action from AB is to replace the base unit.

what is the Hardware series revision of the Base & processor unit & what is the firmware revision of the Processor unit

metricelec said:
The base unit is 1764-24BWA Ser.B Rev.A the processor is 1764-LSP Ser.C REv.D FRN 9

I guess you have replace the base unit with Ser C, or otherwise change processor unit to Ser.B

actually purchased a new base -------- series and rev # the same as the old one and it works fine
AB distributer tells me that any processor will work with any base. I am sending old base out for repair to see what is wrong with it. All is good now !