Using Trend feature in rs5K

saultgeorge

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey, folks. I was looking on line at some videos and saw one about PID tuning and the guy had made a rung with a compute instruction using a process variable and a control variable to actually make the PID run. The "loop" would exhibit changes in response to changes in gains and setpoints. He was doing it in emulate, I think. I have a PLC on my desk, so I set it up. He was using a trend from logix and it showed the curve going up and down in the scale (x,y) in almost real time. I tried to get my trend to do that, but it pauses--has a lag or a gap in time. I've tried the different time settings in the y-axis and some other things but it still is "jerky" What am I doing wrong? The guy in the video didn't go into the graph very much, just the PID tuning. I'm thinking of using this trend in the field more often when working with PID's. I have a lot of them on my current project. I'm using RS5000 V.20.04. Thanks in advance.