RS View ME 4.0 install

I am trying to install my RSView Studio ME 4.00 software on a different laptop. When I try to install it says I need FactoryTalk Automation platform 2.00 to install. When I try to install FactoryTalk Automation platform it says I have a newer version already. It's an endless loop and all I want to do is install the RSView Studio ME on my computer. Any suggestions?

Answer 1: Uninstall EVERYTHING else Rockwell first. FactoryTalk Services are not backward compatible. Then you can ONLY install FTView 4.0, and nothing else, or it will break again.

Answer 2: Use a virtual machine, and install FTView 4.0 in the VM. (Preferred method)

I very strongly agree: if you're supporting a FactoryTalk View SE 4.0 system, create a VM and run FTView Studio inside that.

Even if you are just running PanelView Plus terminals, it's still far safer and more successful to install the RSView/FTView 4.0 / 5.0 / 5.1 / 6.0 / 6.1 revisions in separate virtual machines or linked virtual machine snapshots.